The Road Jesters is a late 1950’s car club from South West Los Angeles. This club evolved from a street gang named the Roulette’s and was one of the first “charter clubs” of the National Hot Rod Association in the Southern California area.
The members loved working on there cars, drag racing, cruising the Boulevards and hanging out at the local drive-ins. The main purpose of the Road Jesters was to provide fellowship for the members and to be of service to the citizens of the community.
Several articles were printed in local Los Angeles area news papers showing that members had assisted citizens who were stranded in broken down cars.
Many of the members still enjoy Hot Roding and working on cars.
Crusing Stops (Hang-outs)
alley - about 141st St. and Hawthorne Bl.
||A&W - Hawthorne and 136th St.|
|CHIPS - on the corner of Hawthorne Bl and 119th St.||The Wich Stand - Slauson and Overhill, at the north end of Inglewood|